Mnemba trip |
Mnemba Island |
The Island of Mnemba is a single small island located around three kilometres off the northeast coast of Unguja, the largest island of Zanzibar, opposite Muyuni Beach. Kite across azure blue waters, surrounded by breathtaking coral reefs, it boasts some of Africa’s most wonderful dive sites. Renowned as one of the most romantic ocean destinations in the world. But we’re not here for romance, we’re here to take you on an epic kitesurfing trip!
Let us take you North and explore around the island of Mnemba!
What to expect?
Price: 50 euro
Duration: whole day
People: minimal four people
Included: Transfer to the North (1,5 hours), Lunch and a drink, guiding.
- Transfer to the North of Zanzibar, 1,5 hours.
- Once we get there we will prepair and launch the kites.
- We kite to the reef together and follow the reef downwind, once we get there we cross the canal to the reef break around Mnemba. Here you will find the amazing waves of the island and you’ll have the opportunity to surf in the bluest water ever!
- We follow the reef around the island until we get to a relaxed place where we will have lunch.
- After lunch there is time to kite for yourself on this beautiful spot.
- Transfer back!
The beautiful waters of Zanzibar are not only bright blue, but they are the home of lots of Bottlenose dolphins. Green Turtles also frequent the place, their laying season had its peak in February and March. The coral reefs and their variety of reef fish are simply stunning. Game fishing species are also present such as barracuda, mackerel, kingfish, tuna and sailfish. Divers around the island sometimes encounter the gigantic whale shark, world’s largest fish.
Check out this video clip of August 2010, doing a kitetrip over the island, kiting Paje, Matemwe and island Mnemba. With a short overview Kite Centre Zanzibar, riding the North Rebel 2011.